The travel tech space is moving quickly. Entering location and date to sift through endless pages of offers doesn’t seem to be the ultimate solution for all travelers looking to book a vacation online. More and more web sites and increasingly mobile apps are exploring ways to search, discover, evaluate and price hotels rooms and other travel-related services. Data is one of the key drivers of this development. Therefore, we at Olery are excited to introduce two brand new data sources to you: the OpeNER toolset for Natural Language Processing (NLP) and the Olery Hotel Review API.
To celebrate the launch, we are hosting a hackathon on the 30th of June in Amsterdam. At this event programmers, designers, hackers, linguists, entrepreneurs, product and business people as well as travel enthusiasts are invited to come up with interesting ideas to put these amazing new tools to work and see what’s possible to create within one day.
Combining the Power of Text Analysis and Review Data
At the hackathon every participant will have access to OpeNER’s comprehensive text analysis tools, which include named entity recognition, sentiment analysis and opinion detection. The OpenNER tools allow you to explore questions like…
- Who is mentioned in this text?
- Which opinions regarding the World Cup are given in this piece?
- What is the sentiment towards Amsterdam in this article?
The second data source is Olery’s Review API. It gives you access to a vast database of guest reviews from around the world as well as aggregated data and Olery’s own Guest Experience Index™. The Olery review API can deliver answers to questions like…
- What was the average overall review rating for this particular hotel last month?
- How do guest rate the room in this hotel?
- What’s their sentiment towards the food?
- What do they write in their reviews?
Now imagine what awesome hacks are possible when combining those data sources let alone including third party APIs. Think of apps which answer questions like…
- What museums are visitors of Amsterdam talking about?
- What opinions do they have about their hotel?
- Which hotels in Amsterdam score best when matching reviews with booking site prices?
- Do people rate hotels differently when the weather was bad?
- What are bloggers opinions about your favourite football player?